The citizenship-politician crisis is warning and opportunity that it’s time for a complete overhaul of Australia’s Constitution, two centuries after its drafting. We need a new ‘founding deed’. And the new basic document to facilitate a ‘rebirth of the nation’ should incorporate a Bill of Rights, Civil Liberties Australia says.
Other items in this issue include:
- Medical students back euthanasia
- NZ to get Criminal Cases Review Commission: Australia next?
- New refugee class action may be equally costly
- Nationalism bigger risk than terrorism: Greste
- ASEAN summit won’t discuss civil liberties
- Forensic scientists, prosecutors, lie to court
- Could this happen in Australia under S-S marriage laws?
- Quebec opts for full facial disclosure